Monday, March 30, 2009

CouchSurfing

Last night I geeked out for several hours on YouTube watching videos from places all over Europe. Technology is amazing, and I say that as someone who works with it closely. Got to daydreaming about all the places I could stay around Europe.

I was talking to a customer a few months back when the conversation switched to Europe. she started telling me about a site called CouchSurfing where you can meet people living all over the world (232 countries!) who will do everything from offer their couch for a day or several to take you out for some tea and a tour of the city. A few minutes later she waved at someone at the door and said that was someone she was showing around Portland that day. Ha!

So CouchSurfing sounds compelling. I made a profile on the site and was happy to see they have a verification & testimonial system in place. There's few things more frightening than being alone in a foreign country in the house of a nutcase. I'll be contacting people on the site once I decide how long I'll be extending my trip and where I can afford to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment